As a police wife, we don’t have a badge. We don’t make arrests and drive a cop car. But we are an integral part of the police life. We hold things together when our spouse is too tired. We are the glue behind the lights and sirens at home. We are one of the only constants in this fast pace, overwhelming career. We are friends, wives, counselors, mothers, and so much more.
Here are some common things you may be able to relate to as a police wife.
Here are the top 10 ways to know she is a police wife:
1. She isn’t afraid to spend nights alone.
Let’s face it, it is going to happen. We ultimately get used to it.
2. She always has her back to the door in a restaurant.
And her LEO (law enforcement officer) is always facing it. He always has our back.
3. Her heart leaves the moment he starts his shift.
She doesn’t get it back until he is home safe and sound.
4. She knows not to get excited when he says he is on his way home. It could still be 2 hours.
She knows LEOs never get home at the same time and they always seem to have “one more call.”
Grab the All-in-One Police Wife Reference Guide
Grab this handy reference guide for all things police wife! From important dates & events to resources for law enforcement- all in one place!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
We won’t send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Powered by ConvertKit
5. She has black out curtains in her bedroom.
Really, who can sleep during the day, in the daylight? Not our LEOs!
6. Her “weekend” is actually in the middle of the week.
We always go along with the LEO schedule, no questions asked.
7. She is washing/ironing uniforms two hours before his shift starts.
Because somehow he forgets? 🙂
8. She is constantly pulling bullets out of pockets and the dryer.
She should be given a reminder card for when they go to the range!
9. She takes on many roles: wife, mom, dad, repair person. You have to learn to do things on your own.
Being alone comes with the territory. We understand. Read our letter to Police Wives here.
10. She always feels like she has to explain conversations with her officer to others.
How many times have you said, “my husband is in court”? Awkward, right? We feel the need to explain that our spouse is in law enforcement so others don’t assume otherwise.
Don’t forget: as police wives, we play an essential role within the police family. We complement our LEOs perfectly. Remember that your role as a police wife matters and is indispensable. We do more behind the scenes than is ever seen or recognized. Keep up the great work, police wives! Your role is a big one and there is no one like you who can do it so well!
Would you add anything to this list? Tell us in the comments!
FREE Police Wife Guide- Top 10 Ways to Rock Police Wife Life
Learn to rock police wife life with these 10 easy tips! Join over 20,000 fellow police wives who are learning to rock it and feel supported with our help each week! Once a week I will provide you with even more ways to feel encouraged and supported for your law enforcement wife journey with my newsletter.