Police Week is right around the corner. This year Police Week begins on Sunday, May 15th and ends on Saturday, May 21st. It is a week of remembrance, bravery, support, and so much more. Thousands of officers and their families gather in the Nation’s Capital to participate in the week-long event with the main goal of paying respects to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Police officers, families, and community members like to show their support in many ways and paying respects to officers who lost their lives is the number one way. During Police Week you will also see officers and their families giving support with Thin Blue Line paraphernalia. The Thin Blue Line is a symbol for fallen officers used by law enforcement. Other first responder groups use a “thin line” as their symbol, as well, but they display a different color.
Police and thin blue line paraphernalia are found just about anywhere online. However, as a LEO (law enforcement officer) family, we prefer to buy from a company that backs the blue. This past year I purchased a small garden flag from Thin Blue Line USA. It is durable to the elements and nicely made. But what I loved more about the flag was the company I was buying from. Their mission is to give back to the law enforcement community, law enforcement charities, fundraisers, and scholarships. A proceed of every sale goes back to law enforcement. I felt good buying from them knowing a portion of my payment was supporting first responders.
Show Your Support
We all know that first responders need as much support as they can get right now. Support for officers who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and officers protecting us daily-support is support. If you want to be prepared and show your love this Police Week then check out our favorite items that help you do just that. (Other than love, prayers, and thank you’s…those are always #1!)
5 items that help you show support during Police Week:
1. Thin Blue Line Flags. We have several flags around our home. We have a small garden flag and a large flag that is flown several times throughout the year, one being during Police Week. Both are long-lasting and made with great quality. We are impressed that both have strong, vibrant colors with no fading.
2. Thin Blue Line Bracelets. An inexpensive item that supporters like to wear and pass out to other supporters. It is also a great item that kids can wear!
3. Challenge Coins. Many law enforcement agencies have their own challenge coin made with their own insignia. First responders pass them out or exchange coins with others. First responders also collect these coins and display them in their home or office.
4. Clothing. It is almost guaranteed that you will see a flood of Thin Blue Line or Police apparel during Police Week. Although, I wear mine throughout the year. 🙂 Thin Blue Line USA also makes quality, comfortable clothing in a variety of styles. I love the racerbacks!
5. Stickers. Thin Blue Line, Punisher, you name it, it is probably on a sticker or decal. Another great, inexpensive way to show that you back the blue! Add it to your favorite Yeti or RTIC cup for added awareness!
You are sure to find something you love at Thin Blue Line USA. But above all, your prayers for the fallen officers and their families is essential and truly what this week is about.
Thin Blue Line USA is also generous enough to give our followers 15% off their purchase by using this discount code: PROUD15