National Thank a Police Officer Day is always the third Saturday of September each year. This year you can show you support for law enforcement on Saturday, September 16th, 2017. If you are a law enforcement family then you, without a doubt, show your support all year long. It is also refreshing to see local businesses and citizens backing the blue because we all know they deserve so much appreciation.
I love finding new and fun ways to show appreciation for first responders. You don’t need a lot of money or grand ideas to show gratitude. You don’t have to be a law enforcement family to engage in the activities on this list, either. The more community support that is given- the better!
Here are a list of favorites that are sure to put a smile on any police officer’s face:
- Visit the local courthouse or police department just to say “thank you” or “I appreciate your hard work” to any police officers working. Best part- it is FREE! Kindness doesn’t have to cost money- just a little effort.
- Drop off a special treat at a courthouse or police department. The possibilities are endless. Muffins, cookies, donuts (I know, I know), fruit, you get the idea.
- Make police appreciation bags. Here are some bags I made for Police Week and it has a FREE PRINTABLE.
- Hide rocks near police stations with law enforcement symbols, like “thin blue line” or a police car. Is hiding rocks a “thing” where you live? It is HUGE in our area. People paint rocks, hide them outside businesses and shops for others to find, a lucky person finds a rock, and it puts a smile on his/her face. 🙂
- Make/decorate cards. Very inexpensive and a great activity if you have little ones. A simple note of thanks can go a long way!
- Pay for a police officer’s coffee or meal. I love doing this every time I am in front of a marked cruiser in a drive-thru lane. Unexpected surprises can really turn someones day around!
- If you have children, have them draw pictures for law enforcement. Gifts from a 5 year old would put a smile on anyone’s face!
- Open your home to law enforcement that are working and provide a hot meal. If your husband is a police officer and works locally to where you live, then this would be very easy to do. Word of a hot meal would spread like wild fire in my husband’s department.
The daily sacrifices that law enforcement make are great. They do more during one shift then I think some of us could ever imagine experiencing. A little support, respect, and appreciation is definitely in order for all men and women of law enforcement. The severe weather that our nation has endured recently is beyond devastating. But within that devastation are countless heroic acts from first responders all over the country. What better time to recognize their brave and courageous duties than now?
There is no gift too small and I guarantee you- whatever you do, WILL make a DIFFERENCE!
Thank you to all men and women of law enforcement. We support you and recognize your daily sacrifices and brave acts!
If you are looking for more ways to show support then be sure to read about ways I did that during Police Week.
LEARN TO ROCK POLICE WIFE LIFE!
And grab your FREE copy of "Top 10 Ways to Rock Police Wife Life"