Thank you to our sponsor, Thin Blue Line USA. All work is honest and my own.
I love spreading love, happiness and appreciation. Our world needs more of it, that is for sure and random acts of kindness is a great way to do that. Acts of kindness and gratitude on ANY level is amazing, but random acts of appreciation for those that protect our communities day after day is certainly well over due!
When someone pays for my husband’s meal in the drive-thru or just says “thank you” it is always the first thing he mentions to me the next time we talk. It also brightens my day knowing there are good people in this world appreciative of my husband’s service and sacrifice.
Sometimes it can be hard to think of different, low-cost ways to spread kindness. So here is a great list to get you started that any officer is sure to love!
25+ random acts of kindness ideas for law enforcement officers:
- Baked goods-homemade is fine if you know the officer but I recommend store bought for any law enforcement you do not know.
- Thank you cards- inexpensive and quick!
- Pass out gift cards from a gas station, restaurant or coffee shop- even $5 is appreciated!
- Deliver coffee from a local shop or Dunkin’ Donuts!
- Pay it forward-pay for a meal or coffee if an officer is behind you in line
- Verbal praise and support- “Thanks for what you do! You make a difference! Thank you for your sacrifice!”
- Paint police themed rocks and hide them all over your town or near a police station- my favorite idea!
- Deliver thin blue line bracelets, pins, stickers or challenge coins from Thin Blue Line USA to your local department- an inexpensive way to spread some cheer!
- Leave a positive review on a police department site or social media page- we all know how much this is needed!
- If you are neighbors with an officer, wheel in their trash cans or offer to help with a small task while they are on duty.
- Open your home to a small number of officers while they are on duty for a meal. A hot meal will always be eaten!
- Be polite and wave hello if you see an officer on the road.
- Share compliments you have heard, like “I’ve noticed how hard you all have been working and your job may go unnoticed but I truly appreciate you.” OR “Great job on that auto accident yesterday.”
- Make a police themed gift basket full of thin blue line items. Check out these thin blue line options all for under $20!
- Offer your children’s old stuffed animals for officers to put in their trunk for needy kids.
- Spread cheer to others about our Nation’s law enforcement. Enlighten others as to how hard first responders work.
- Donate crayons and coloring books for an officer’s trunk for children in need.
- Pass out bottled water on a hot day.
- Send goody bags filled with hand sanitizer, gum and more- use this post on Police Appreciation Bags for inspiration.
- Leave a happy note on an officer’s windshield- so sweet!
- Have your child color happy pictures and deliver them to a department.
- Make a donation to a trusted police organization like the Give Blue donation page of Thin Blue Line USA which supports families of fallen officers or Law Enforcement United.
- Collect your fast food toy packs (unopened) to save for an officer’s trunk.
- The families of first responders are often unnoticed. Extend a thank you to a first responder spouse, parent, girlfriend or child.
- Sponsor an officer’s family who may be in need for a holiday season-check with a department on this.
- Hang a thin blue line flag outside your home (the small garden flag is our favorite).
- I hope you found this list helpful. I know the first responders of our nation would be THRILLED to receive any type of gratitude for the job that they do; it is truly priceless!
- Thank you to all our men and women who sacrifice daily to keep us safe!
A special thank you to Thin Blue Line USA for sponsoring this post. This organization exudes appreciation and gratitude for law enforcement. They give unwavering support to the men and women in blue AND their families. They have officially donated over $500,00.00 to organizations and causes that support law enforcement!
What’s another way you love to spread kindness to first responders?
Grab the All-in-One Police Wife Reference Guide
Grab this handy reference guide for all things police wife! From important dates & events to resources for law enforcement- all in one place! Subscribing also gets you access to my weekly newsletter full of tips and encouragement.